The Fault in Our Stars

"Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book."
Last week, I received a beautiful email from bookdepo (my number 1 place to buy books from)- 10% off books! Naturally, I took this opportunity to find an excuse, any excuse to buy a book, adding to my collection of post HSC books to read. Over the past few months, I've been hearing a fair bit about John Green. A couple of my friends are a bit obsessed with him, and his books just keep popping up everywhere. So, I decided to buy it- a year after everyone else.

I love reading. I kinda inhale books. Anytime I don't feel like doing my school work, I pick up a new book, and tell myself, this is kinda studying, I'm improving my creative writing! In reading, I find a whole new world :D

The book is about a girl, Hazel, a teenager with terminal cancer, who is forced to go to a cancer support group by her mother. There, she meets Augustus Waters, and in typical love story style, they fall in love. They spend a beautiful few months with each other, sharing an understanding over cancer. When I first googled the plot, I thought to myself, the plot seems really simple, almost juvenile, but somehow, it just appealed to my hormonal teenage brain. I love the simplicity, the unputdownableness (?), the lessons it teaches. Though I hardly cry when reading, somehow, reading this reduced me to tears.

This is a really short, quick post, hardly a review, but more coming up soon!

Next stop: Looking for Alaska!

p.s. apologies for my incoherence

No comments:

Post a Comment