Mission Restaurant

'twas a calm midweek break, when we set off to see Sport for Jove's Hamlet in Seymour Centre. So I guess, it wasn't really a break. But rather, an excuse to leave the house whilst remaining studious. (kinda?)


After much googling, we settled on Mission Restaurant, because really, who can resist a restaurant in an art gallery. And we were glad we picked it. It was certainly quite hidden, as we had to walk through several dark alleys (okay, perhaps they weren't really alleys, but they were really dark and quiet, alright) as we walked there from central station. I mean, the people there probably weren't people that just happened to pass by and see a nice looking restaurant.

To get there from central station, just exit through the railway square exit, walk along Lee/ Regent Street, then turn right at Queen Street and you're basically there! It's less than a 10 minute walk, so it was quite convenient. I have to say though, the walking was DEFINITELY worth it.
The restaurant is located together with an NG art gallery. The art gallery is upstairs, while the restaurant is downstairs. It's a small, cozy size. Perfect for a quiet dinner. The atmosphere is seriously amazing. Really. And the waitress was really friendly too!


NG art gallery upstairs



House specials
 
We ordered a main each, as well as some piadina and a dessert to share. (our measley budgets often call for a fair bit of sharing) The piadina is a type of Italian flat bread, and came with olive oil. It's really simple, and a good way to start out a meal.
 
Piadina- $6
 I ordered the prawn linguine with chilli, garlic, mint and heirloom tomato. (surprise, surprise) I really wanted to order the Coq au vin pie, as I was kinda craving a pie, but in the end, I decided on the linguine since my friend decided to get the pie. The linguine was pretty good. They were certainly very generous on the prawns. And the mint gave the linguine an extra pinch of taste which really topped it off well. My friend ordered the house special, which was the coq au vin pie. I have to say. This was really really good. I only had a little bit, but wow, that pastry. And that pea puree. Next time for me perhaps.
Prawn linguine- $24

Pearl barley risotto with mushrooms, Jerusalem artichoke, green beans & pecorino  - $22

Coq au vin pie- $18




 To finish off, we ordered an eton mess to share. We had to really rush eating this, as it arrive just 10 minutes before Hamlet was due to start. So we basically just stuffed it in, then ran to seymour. Definitely my workout for the week. Despite this, I have to say it was gooooood. The eton mess has kiwi fruit, passionfruit curd, marshmellows and lime. Perfect texture, not too sweet. yum.
Eton Mess- $14
 Though not a cheap meal, it was certainly satisfying, and hey, you've got to splurge once in a while... Go. You won't regret.
 
ps. I apologise for the crappy quality of the photos. They're all from my phone. They don't really do the place justice, but trust me, it is certainly a hidden gem. I should probably get a camera. But cameras are expensive... hmmm..
 
to buy or not to buy?
 
Opening hours: Tues- Saturday 10am- 10pm
Tel. (61 2) 9318 0815
 
Mission Restaurant Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment